90 €/ person
3 hours (from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. approx.)
Adult (+14 years old)
DETAIL OF THE THERMAL COURSE
This stage is destined paragliders with good autonomy and having validated the initial pilot's license.
It aims to discover and understand thermals and then to use them to climb to the ceiling. This is how you can attack the paths to increase the duration of your flights. We will also discuss during this course, the following topics:
- on the analysis: Aerology of the reliefs of the flight zone, Where to stand, When to move
- on the mind: How to manage your affect in thermal flight, how not to put yourself under pressure, to fly with pleasure
- on the theory: Life and Death of the thermal, how to observe, mechanics of pendulum movements in turns, piloting in turbulence, advanced weather.
1 instructor for a maximum of 4 students.
Mastering flight in varied aerology (thermal, dynamic), developing active piloting, mental analysis, meteorological/aerological analysis (use of analysis tools), and thus validating the technical and theoretical parts of the Pilot's Certificate FFVL.
Our philosophy of the thermal course :
Theoretical content :
- Weather report
- Aviation regulations
- Theoretical and technical work on pendulum mechanics in thermal and dynamic flight and pilot action.
Practical content :
- Typographic reading, flights on different sites .
- Wing speed range and management of different angles.
- In-depth meteorological/aerological analysis
- Manage your safety: ensure your placement, identify "cows", analyze, anticipate...
- Debrief his flight: understand his mistakes, refine these choices, set a line of work, broaden his vision,
Flight exercise :
- Mastery of placement in thermal and dynamic operation
- Start the paths
- Work on rapid descent methods
At the end of the day and at the end of the training, DEBRIEFING!!!
know how to take off/land easily
master at least one rapid descent technique (360, ears accelerated...)
be able to dampen pitching movements and control rolling movements
be able to identify "pitch" and "dive" movements
Making flights last is the goal of many pilots! As soon as one flies in varied aerology, it is necessary to perfectly master all the basic techniques. This is why we have based our pedagogy on the progressiveness and the validation of stages to learn how to have fun without being afraid.
We are also reseller of the following brands:
Nova/ Ozone/ Gin/ Skywalk/ Neo/ UP/U-turn/
Supair / Woody Valley
You must have your own equipment:
Approved and Controlled
Price of the thermal course
Minimum of 3 trainees
Low season: 90€ - High season 110 €
High season from July 1 to August 31, 2022
if you have your own material.
The equipment must be approved and revised.
Additional educational tandem flight at €80.
This flight will be carried out in the afternoon in thermal conditions to carry out the following exercises:
roll, pitch, ancestry, wing or wing over, rapid descent (360, ears, 360 ear, B), landing
To be provided by the trainee:
Clothing suitable for the outdoors: sportswear, light mountain shoes or sports shoes (good ankle support and shock-absorbing soles)
Also bring water, sunglasses, sunscreen
A medical certificate of aptitude for the practice of paragliding (this is necessary for the issue of the FFVL insurance license, it can be issued by your general practitioner) or a certificate of cover in aerial civil liability (RCA) including the paragliding practice.
Parental authorization for minors .
Séance théorique dans notre salle à l'intérieur du camping.
Découvrez le parapente, une activité unique avec des sensations en 3 D
WHY CHOOSE FLY MILLAU PARAGLIDING?
- School Labeled EFVL 2022
- We are a team of enthusiasts.
- Very recent equipment with the latest developments.
- 2 instructors on a school slope from 5 students
- Possibility to buy the equipment at the end of the course at very attractive prices.
- Possibility to lend you equipment outside of the course to inflate against the sail.
- Cottage of reception at the Millau plage landing + courtyard at the Millau Plage campsite.
- We are on the sites all year round to advise you.
- Possibility of making 1/2 day of improvement according to your availability.
- We have a WhatsApp group to connect all beginner pilots (share your new passion, get opinions on the weather conditions of the day, organize shuttles, continue your progress as a group, etc....).
- You can join us all year round.